The good traits of human beings fascinate me.
Leonardo da Vinci, Vincent van Gogh, Einstein, Mother Theresa –they’re all legendary, inspiring and fascinating people. All in their respective fields and morals/values, they accomplished great things to be known as historical “heroes.” Everything about the good traits in people fascinates me.
But if I had to choose just one person I’m truly interested in, it’d be Joan d’Arc.
I first read about Joan d’Arc from this book, an entire non-fictional book written by Lili Wilkison. However, it was written in a novel-like prose and had insights from different points-of-views within characters. I’d say it’s my favourite book. I don’t think any fictional books have particularly impressed me lately.
It’s one of those rare circumstances where fact is more realistic, more heart-wrenching than fiction. In fact, before reading the genre, I used to dislike history. It triggered an interest for history. It was an exceptionally impressionable book.
And a wonderful story, of a girl who was chosen by God. She wasn’t special; wasn’t that smart, pretty nor enchanting in any sort of way. She was just an average girl who had extremely strong faith. With that faith, she was led to the way God wanted her to follow. Those who didn’t have faith in her soon did, because she lead armies of her country several times and won. Joan d’Arc, optimistic, brave, courageous and, most of all, ready to die for her religion.
She was sixteen when first leading an army. Young, probably overlooked and considered naïve, I’m fascinated by her ability to block it all out. Not listening to opinions of those who think she’s insane, or backing down from her religion. Her morals, values and beliefs stayed through.
I think she’s the greatest female figure in history.
- Five things you look for in friends.
- Something you feel strongly about.
- Your favourite television program.
- Your favourite season and why.
- What you hope your future would be like.
- How important you think your education is.
- Your five favourite songs of the moment.
- Five weird things about you.
- Somewhere you’d like to visit.
- Your favourite Disney princess and why.
- Top five dream jobs.
- Your favourite subject to study and why.
- Five things that make you laugh.
- Someone who fascinates you and why.