A huge thank-you to Iam Who Iam for nominating me for this award! It was a pleasant surprise waiting for me in my comments’ section. If you are seeking for blog-posts to relate to (including the utterly creative “50 Words or Less” section) I suggest you head over to their wonderfully anonymous blog. 🙂
This is my second Liebster Award! However, I won’t let that stop me from passing it on to other extremely deserving bloggers.
In order to accept the Liebster Award, the blogger must then:
- Thank the person who nominated me and provide a link back to his or her blog
- List 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions given me by my nominator
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate
- Choose bloggers to nominate and provide links to their blogs
- Go to each nominee’s page to let them know I nominated them
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I hate history when we’re studying the when/what/where of events. Yet, it automatically becomes my favourite subject when discussing the underlying causes, the why and how, exploring them in depth until the surrealistic world becomes clear.
- My favourite instrumental song at the moment (I am a huge instrumental-music junkie) would be Dreams and Starlight by David Nevue, and I plan on writing a post on him soon, as he honestly is one of my favourite pianists (although I have a lot)
- The last time I won an award (this exact one, actually; you can find it here) I was in the process of moving house and having limited internet access. I am currently in the exact same situation again, which I find humourous.
- I am currently in high school and undertaking two math classes (Math B and C) and am slowly dying. To think my final exams haven’t started yet, and that Year 10 is supposed to be easier than further studies.
- The last time I wrote a blog-post, I was halfway through my novel, The City Is Silent. I have now long finished it (11/5/2013 was when I last uploaded my epilogue) and am currently a third through my second “serious” novel, Violet Ink. I am extremely slow with the updates, haha. (Blame it on school)
- It’s funny, because despite being a high-school student for an infinite number of years (slight exaggeration) I still don’t know how to handle anxiety and stress. Time management is also a great weakness of mine. I guess my addiction to productivity apps doesn’t really help.
- My favourite font is, and always will be, Goudy Old Style. It is what I use for my novels, my assignments, lists, and anything else.
- I am currently in the process of procrastinating with graphic designs I promised to people over the net. I will get to it, though. Tomorrow.
- I have never heard jazz music I didn’t like. It’s one of the genres I tend to love regardless of what song.
- RainyMood is a gift. (If you haven’t heard of it before, it’s like a website with infinite loops of rainy sounds. Depending on what kind of speakers you have, it should sound natural. Check it out here.)
- My current obsession is books. I’ve always been reading, but now I’ve gotten into it a little bit more. Through the process of finding many books I absolutely hated, I almost gave up on reading. Almost. I’ve found books once more of the coming-of-age genre, written wonderfully.
My Answers to the Questions:
1. What is your greatest strength?
Being calm in intense situations, optimism in general, empathy and caring about other people’s problems more than my own (although it can cause huge drawbacks).
2. What is your greatest weakness?
Trust issues, social awkwardness, frequent bouts of passivity, unable to be articulate in the worst of times.
3. What quality do you most admire in friends?
Loyalty, kindness, empathy
4. What quality do you most despise in enemies?
Hmm. Probably arrogance and hypocrisy. Although I should probably point out, these aren’t qualities in my “enemies,” but in many people I’ve met.
5. What is your favorite book, movie, poem, or work of art?
My favourite book is now The Starry River of the Sky by Grace Lin or The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamilo. It is literature like this, suitable for both children and adults, which I find most wonderful.
Favourite movie would be Anastasia, only because it was the first movie I’ve ever understood (seven years old at that time, and still new to English). Work of art would be many, but I have a friend at school who creates the most wonderful pieces. I’ll try and get a copy to upload to this blog. But generally speaking, anything by Vincent van Gogh.
6. What do you wish somebody would invent?
I wish somebody would invent something which allows us to read minds. Honestly, I don’t understand the thought-process of people these days. I really do wish I was a mind-reader.
7. If this were your last day on earth, how would you spend it?
Writing as fast as possible to finish my last novel I will ever write. My life may revolve around schoolwork and studying at the moment, but writing will always run in my subconscious.
8. What does it take to be your hero?
Being down-to-Earth, accepting of flaws in themselves, and hard-work in general. Also, humility.
9. What is your favorite 4-letter word?
F-R-E-E. Away from the shackles that imprison you.
10. What is the most fascinating profession you’ve ever heard of?
Has to be what I aspire to become: a psychiatrist. It’s the most fascinating to me, because it sounds like something I’d enjoy.
11. Describe your idea of “perfect” weather.
Rain, definitely. Just the sound of rain is soothing.
Should They Choose to Accept
It is NOT necessary that my nominees to go to the trouble of accepting the award. It’s fine to just feel honored and leave it at that. Should my nominees choose to accept, however, I’m giving them a choice regarding my 11 questions. They can either answer all 11, or they can choose only one to expand upon in a new post (can be a poem, image, story, dialog, or any other structure of their choosing).
(The above is copied and pasted from Iam Who Iam’s blog, but I agree with it wholeheartedly)
- Ivey at Endless Fidelity
- The Dark Angel at The Dark Angel Writes
- J.N. Cahill at J.N. Cahill
- Freesia Lockheart at Freesia Lockheart
- Gabrielle at Gabrielle the Authoress
- Zura at Waltzing Heart
- Ally at Novel Ideas of A Teen Writer
- Maddie at The Inky Drug
- Meera at Meera Darji
- Nikki at The Night from the West
- Esther at Kiyudesu
Questions for my Nominees
- What do you wish to accomplish by having a blog? Is there a reason you started in first place? Does it still apply now?
- A quote which describes your philosophy of life.
- Favourite subject at school? And if you are no longer attending school/college, what used to be your favourite subject?
- In fifty words or less, describe yourself from a third person’s perspective. Whether it’s physical appearance or the inside of your mind is your decision.
- What is your guilty pleasure? Is it a secret?
- What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
- Are you anything like your parents?
- Three words to describe who you are not.
- What is a question you are always asked?
- The last (or best) compliment you received?
- Something you really want to eat right now.
Thank you for the Libester award! It has been an honor. 🙂