A huge thank-you to littleonionwrites who awarded me the utterly cute sunshine award. She has a wonderful book-blog, with some writing aspects as well -definitely worth checking out! Basically, it’s an award among bloggers that you can pass on and learn more about them, while simultaneously expressing more of yourself.
Here are the rules required to accept this award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the questions provided by the blogger.
- Nominate five other blogs for the award, and ask questions to them.
Answers to littleonion’s Questions:
1. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Easily, it’s performing in front of crowds in talent competitions. It’s the most nerve-wrecking thing to do, for me which is the reason I seize the opportunity so readily. I have performed (and completely messed up) piano solos in school assemblies, tried to read plays in class productions, and have actually joined debating next year (basically, my own definition of death). I want to get better at public speaking and performing, and unfortunately, standing still won’t solve it.
2. What is your favorite song and what is your favorite line in that song?
I have been having a lousy week (only 2 more weeks ’til exams!) and the song, Medicine by Daughter, eased my stress. Now my heart’s beating at the right pace. But this song… I cannot express how much it’s helping me cope. I’m trying my best to pick myself up again, after all the stress from school (or maybe I’m the only one affected… hmm).
3. What is your favorite book?
Extremely difficult question. However, I managed to narrow it down to the book filed under “Favourite books” on my About page.
4. What is your least favorite book?
Well, I dislike any book that begins with “Hi, my name is _____.” I cannot think of my least favourite books, but I know there are a lot of books I didn’t like. Another thing I dislike is when the writers add in an abusive father or some sort of death to “add drama and get two characters together.” You can have perfectly valid drama among school-friends, and drama is drama; please don’t add drama if you’re going to treat it lightly. (Note: This is something I used to do; another reason why I haven’t, and will not ever, upload my awful first-novels
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose to live?
I would stay right here. Here in Australia, where the water is clean, the atmosphere is fresh, and the people are friendly. I love how there are no guns allowed, that we are so strange in comparison to other aspects of the world, and Aussie accents (something I don’t fully have, as I lived in New Zealand prior to AU)
6. What is the best place you’ve ever visited?
Once upon a time, my family and I stayed at a Gold Coast resort by the sea. We were up on the 27th floor with a large sea underneath us, just below our gaze, and the most magnificent waves crashing against the shore. And the sea is never silent, even in night-time, where the crashing waves are softer but still audible.
7. What fictional world would you like to live in?
I don’t exactly read fantasy, so unfortunately, I wouldn’t know. However, I used to love a children’s show called Parallax, which is basically about yourself duplicated in another world (so alternate dimensions?) And basically, you find different versions of yourself; I find that hugely fascinating. I still wouldn’t want to leave this world, though.
8. What character is most like yourself?
Well, I have read a fair amount of fictional characters, and none of them are exactly like me. However, I believe the closest I ever came from seeing myself in a character was Peter from Peter in Flight by Paul Michael Peters (I was given a free kindle copy). The need to make a lasting impression, Peter’s passive-aggressive nature, and the constant moving around the world; I related heavily to all of those traits.
9. What is your favorite pastime?
So many pastimes. I hate to direct you to my “About” page again, but if you look under “Favourites” and “(Somewhat) Unconventional Things I Love” you will find some of my favourite hobbies. Of course, conventional ones are the obvious: blogging, writing, reading.
10. What is your favorite fanfiction?
Unfortunately, I have not ever read a fan-fiction before; I suppose I’ve never come across one that appealed to me. But if I do, I’ll make sure to write a post about it. 🙂
The 5 Blogs I Nominate:
- Monica Sanz
- The Day After
- BOOKS FOR A DELICATE ETERNITY
- Loving Food, Fashion and Life
- Lead Us from Unreal to the Real
The Questions for my Nominees:
- Reflect on your greatest accomplishment in life
- Share a picture your handwriting. Do you like your handwriting? Would you change it?
- What is your favourite app? (Can be Android, Apple or even Windows 8… or a desktop application)
- What is your favourite animal? Have you ever seen it in real life?
- Do you have a favourite painting or artwork? How does it speak to you? What does it say?
- What is, in your opinion, the greatest issue humanity is currently facing?
- What time do you get up in the morning? Are you content with that time, or are you trying to get up earlier/later?
- Do you have a lot of dreams? If so, are they set in real life or fantasy-based?
- Your favourite genre of music? Has it always been your favourite?
- What is the greatest piece of advice you’ve ever received?